There are countless metrics available to track and analyze a paid search campaign. As one can imagine, the process can be quite complicated and confusing. To best understand what is working in your campaign and what isn’t, we are going to narrow down the metrics to those that provide the most meaningful insights.
1. Quality Score. This is how Google measures the relevance of your keywords. Google works to ensure that searchers see relevant ads and have a positive overall search experience. A good Quality Score will increase your ad ranking and affect how much you pay per click. Your Quality Score is determined by:
- The click-through rate (CTR) of the keyword and its corresponding ad.
- The relevance of the keyword to the search query.
- The relevance of the keyword to the ad group.
- The CTR of the display URLs in the ad group.
- The quality of the landing page.
2. Click-Through Rate. This is an important factor in determining your quality score. CTR also tells you whether or not your ad is relevant to the searchers. A low click-through rate is a sign that your keywords need improvement.
3. Conversion Rate. This tells you how many people clicked your ad and went on to complete the desired action on your landing page. A strong conversion rate means that the money you are spending per click is coming back to you as a profit.
4. Cost Per Conversion. First look at how much you are paying to get a customer. Then look at how much profit that customer brings. If the latter outnumbers the former, your campaign is a failure and you have no return on investment.
5. Wasted Spend. This is a measure of how much money you are essentially wasting in paying for clicks that do not convert. The best way to reduce wasted spend is through negative keywords. This allows you to filter traffic that is unlikely to convert due to irrelevance.
Ferocious Media analysts are experts in the search engine marketing field and have the capability to analyze the above metrics in addition to the rest. Search Engine Marketing Managers apply expertise, tools, and technology to place your business in front of prospective customers in your targeted geographic area.