Choosing the right digital partner can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t know what to look for and what questions to ask. The following blog post is dedicated to help guide you in asking all the right questions and choosing the digital marketing partner that makes the most sense for your unique business needs.
Knowing is half the battle. The same goes for your digital marketing agency’s strategy. Make sure you ask any prospective agency about their policies and procedures for how they do business. This will allow you to be sure their strategy is in line with your goals/needs. Below are a few questions to include in your repertoire when searching for a new digital partner:
- Strategy is key, as there must be a method behind the madness. Most digital marketing agencies use a specific set of measureable guidelines to determine the correct digital strategy for their clients. How will they choose the right strategy for you? What factors do they consider in their evaluation of your current strategy and how they can improve upon it? Do not hesitate to ask them for examples of their past work.
- Adaptation and forward thinking are a must when choosing a digital agency. Ask them how they plan to adapt to your unique needs. How often will they be monitoring/engaging with your campaigns? How will they make the campaign custom to your needs and market? Have them give you a specific example of a time they had to come up with a unique solution to fit a current client’s needs.
- Transparency and reporting should also be high on the list. Many digital marketing agencies have come a long way in terms of analytics and KPI reporting. Make sure you know what data is being reported and how you can equate that to a return. Ask them how they will measure the success of your campaigns, as well as how will this information be communicated back to you. This will ensure that you are able to achieve measurable results and reach your preset goals and expectations.
- Do your own research and make sure to review their portfolio of accounts and diverse product offerings. This will ensure they align with your business needs/goals. Ask for references and call yourself to make sure their credentials check out.
- Weigh your options carefully. I recommend vetting a minimum of three agencies to ensure you get the right fit. If you strike out on the first three, try three more and whatever you do, don’t settle.