In today’s day in age, consumers are spending more time online than ever. With this kind of hyperconnectivity, businesses are expanding their brand into the digital realm and reaching potential customers in every corner of the world.
One of the most effective ways to reach and engage with new people is through social media. If you don’t think that social media is an important aspect of your marketing campaign and overall branding, these ten statistics might change your mind.
- In the United States, social networking is the top online activity. (go-gulf.ae)
The average American spends 37 minutes per day on social media – that’s more time than they spend checking their emails, playing games, or even searching something on Google. If you want people to see your brand, social media is the place to be.
- 46% of web users turn to social media when making a purchase. (go-gulf.ae)
Social media sites aren’t just for connecting with friends and sharing pictures of your dog; it’s a viable source for people to turn to when they’re making an online purchase. Whether it’s asking for peer recommendations, reading reviews, or browsing a company’s Facebook page, social media is somehow involved in almost half of all web users’ buying processes.
- In 2014, 80% of brands reported advertising on social media. (business2community.com)
If you aren’t on social media, guess what? Your competitors probably are. With four out of every five brands using social media sites as an advertising platform, failing to have a presence could mean losing potential customers to your competition.
- 3 out of 5 small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) reported gaining new customers by using social media. (go-gulf.ae)
Social media isn’t just for big businesses. The majority of SMBs that use it have reported gaining new customers through it.
- 80% of marketers say social media has increased website traffic. (socialmediaexaminer.com)
One of the biggest reasons that some companies aren’t on social media is because they think it doesn’t provide a return on their investment, but this isn’t true. 80% of companies report that social media not only increased their web traffic, but generated quality leads as well.
- Marketers are now spending more money every year to advertise on the internet than they are on broadcast television. (go-gulf.ae)
This stat doesn’t pertain exclusively to social media marketing, but it is easy to see why companies are spending more and more money on online advertising.
- Facebook has more than 800 million daily users. (business2community.com)
If there is one stat that proves that social media is too big to ignore, this is it. Hundreds of millions of people aren’t just using Facebook, they are using it on a daily basis.
- 42% of marketers say Facebook is “important” or “critical” to their business. (hubspot.com)
Social media – Facebook in particular – isn’t viewed as “just another medium”; a significant amount of marketers say that it’s important, or even critical to their business.
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow. (go-gulf.ae)
Even with its 140-character limit, Twitter can be a useful sales tool. Two-thirds of surveyed Twitter users reported that they are more likely to purchase products from a brand that they follow on the platform.
- 329 million people read blogs each month. (business2community.com)
A company blog is a great platform to produce informative content and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Learn more about why blogging is important for businesses.
As a small business owner, we understand that you don’t always have the time, budget, or expertise to launch a successful social media campaign; that is why we are here. Ferocious Media provides a full suite of internet marketing services including paid search, SEO, website design, video production, and social media marketing. Visit our website to learn more about our company or call 1-800-454-9103 to inquire about our award-winning services.