From enterprise-level marketing managers to local business owners, one of the most common questions we hear is, “how do I know it’s working?” Beyond the KPI’s, the answer is an increase in more qualified inquiries and sales. That being said, while we can provide transparency down to keyword level lead-tracking, your input, in terms of how inquiries relate to sales, is also a very important part of navigating success.
So, what we’re saying is — outsourcing doesn’t mean you are off the hook completely.
A good digital marketing partner should spend time helping you assess your current profit centers and objectives for growth. They should be able to shed some light on the following:
- Where is there realistic opportunity (regions, products and services) for you to focus on?
- What is the competitive landscape?
- How can you create offers that drive conversions?
In order for this partnership to work seamlessly, there needs to be an ongoing dialogue about the things your best inquiries have in common. For example, trends you notice in terms of:
- Customers buying additional products or services
- New customers coming to you for the first time
- Geographic locations of both your best and new customers
In addition, when you chose to outsource your digital marketing solutions, you should also be open to coaching on how to improve your customer experience. That conversation may include topics like:
- Is your website loading fast? (Pro tip: You can test your site speed for free with Google!)
- Is your website providing a great customer experience with easy to navigate conversion paths? Is contact information, a short, visible form, and/or a chat feature available?
- Are calls being answered within a few rings and handled with a smile?
- How can call handling be improved?
- If you can’t handle calls, can you hire an answering service?
- Are form submissions being handled quickly?
- If you have a chat feature, is it on and are you responding?
- What is breaking down in the sales process? How are your leads currently tracked?
- How can you excel vs. your competitor? Do you have a service or pricing edge to feature?
- Is your social media footprint telling your story and displaying an expertise within your industry, as well as showcasing your company culture?
- Do you have strong reviews? What more can you be doing to solicit them?
As you can see, outsourcing definitely does not equal “hands off.” Instead, it means having a partner, or a helping hand to guide through your digital marketing journey, pointing you down the path to achieving your business goals.
Here at Ferocious Media, we consider each client relationship we hone exactly that — a partnership. We truly take pride in helping each of our clients across a variety of verticals succeed! To learn how we can help you achieve and exceed your online marketing goals, give us a call at 1-800-454-9103.