We are seeking a Senior SEO Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the management and delivery of Search Engine Optimization efforts for our organization.
The Senior SEO Manager will be responsible for analyzing, implementing changes, and reviewing websites and their organic traffic to improve their presence in search engines. You’ll be client facing and working on a handful of accounts in an agency setting, and contributing to our agency’s SEO offerings and practices. The position requires a strong track record of SEO experience, both local and national as well as leadership and management.
Key Functional Area or Responsibility:
- SEO Prowess: A deep experience for all SEO aspects of both local and national SEO best practices.
- An In-depth Understanding of Search Engine Behavior: You are expected to know and follow best practices to ensure our clients rankings are constantly improving and stable.
- Keyword Research: A strong understanding and ability to implement national and local keywords strategies to increase rankings on all major search engines.
- Link Building: Creating and implementing a strong link building strategy to help brand strategy and ranking.
- Detailed Website Analysis: Identifying current problems and opportunities, with a focus on crawlability, site speed, site architecture and site content with all search engines in mind.
- Direct and lead the work of SEO staff
- Evaluate new SEO strategies and procedures
- Maintain required project documentation
- Must possess a strong knowledge of best practices for On-Page and Off-Page local and national SEO
- Expertise in Google Analytics and Search Console
- Strong client facing skills
- A proven track record of SEO success
- Preferred: 3-5 years of SEO experience working on national and regional accounts
- Fast, flexible and quick to problem solve
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress and various programming languages
- Experience in conversion rate optimization desired but not required
- Experience with SEM is a plus
- A Strong Urge to Constantly Learn: The perfect candidate will be constantly looking for best practices, latest trends and tools to help gain authority and grow rankings in a morally responsible manner
- A Proactive Approach: Not only can you quickly identify website errors but you’ll swifty create a plan and execute it for constant improvement.
- Strong Management Skills: The ideal candidate can share their knowledge and help educate and build a team.
- Communication Skills: You will be working directly with sales reps, marketing managers, paid ads and, directly with clients. It will be important for you to clearly understand the specific requirements of each project, communicate a timeline with co-workers/customers, and follow up accordingly when additional information is needed.